Ticket Terms and Conditions: The PIEoneer Awards 2023
The below terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) along with any Agent or Event specific terms and conditions (copies of which are available upon request from PIE and/or the Agent) (together the “Conditions”) will apply to the purchase of your Ticket. Please read the Conditions carefully before purchase, as your purchase of a Ticket will constitute your acceptance of the Conditions.
1. In these T&Cs: “Agent” means the authorised agent or reseller from whom you purchased a Ticket; “Event” means an event to be held in person and/or online; “PIE” means The PIE Partnership Limited; “Ticket” means a valid ticket for an Event; and “you” means the purchaser of a Ticket or anybody who in PIE’s reasonable opinion is acting with authority or permission to purchase a Ticket on behalf of another person.
2. You will need to purchase a Ticket if you are attending the Event in person or virtually. A Ticket is for one Event attendee. By purchasing a virtual Ticket you agree not to share your access code or allow others to watch the virtual Event.
3. If you have any special need requirements for the Event, please discuss any such issues before purchasing the Ticket by contacting PIE and PIE will endeavour to assist with any such requirements. PIE’s contact details are at the end of these T&Cs.
4. Tickets are non-refundable unless an Event is cancelled or where there is a material change to the Event. If an Event is cancelled, PIE will make reasonable endeavours to notify you of the same. If PIE is unable to go ahead with an in person Event, Ticket holders will be allocated a virtual Ticket and will be refunded the difference in the cost between their in person Ticket and a virtual Ticket. If PIE is unable to go ahead with an in person Event, they reserve the right to reschedule the Event to an alternative date. If the Event is cancelled, you will have the option to receive a refund as provided at paragraph 6 below.
5. Owing to the nature of virtual Events, PIE cannot be held responsible for any access, IT, internet or wifi issues that virtual Ticket holders may experience before, during or after the virtual Event. PIE will not be able to offer any technical support relating to any access, IT, internet or wifi issues before, during or after the virtual Event.
6. The total refund for a Ticket will be the price paid for the Ticket from PIE or an Agent. Refunds will be made within 3 months of the originally proposed date of the Event. For refunds, please contact PIE at firstname.lastname@example.org if your Ticket was bought directly from PIE. If you purchased your Ticket from an Agent, please contact the Agent directly.
7. Tickets can be transferred to another person by contacting email@example.com by Friday 15 September 2023.
8. PIE accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of attending an Event. Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or limit the liability of PIE under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
9. Please note that Tickets constitute personal revocable licences and remain the property of PIE at all times. Any Ticket obtained in breach of the Conditions may be refused entry or rejected from the Event.
10. Tickets may not be combined with any product or service to create a ticket package and you may not offer for sale such a package for profit or as part of a competition or incentive or for any other commercial reason.
11. By purchasing a ticket, you consent to your contact being details shared with the Event sponsors for marketing purposes.
12. You expressly consent to your image and/or likeness included within any photo or recording taken at the Event without payment or reference to you, which PIE may exploit in any and all media for any purpose at any time worldwide.
14. If it is found by a court that any of the Conditions are prohibited or unenforceable, such provision shall to the extent required be severed from the Conditions and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of the Conditions or the validity or enforcement of these Conditions.
15. Any person, other than the Promoter, the Agent or the venue, who is not a party to the Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of the Conditions.
16. The Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. PIE’s address is Unit A Azure House, Dragonfly Place, London SE4 2FP and may be contacted by post to this address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions for entrants : The PIEoneer Awards 2023
The PIEoneer Awards T&Cs The PIEoneer Awards 2023 (the “Awards”) are open to businesses, public sector organisations, voluntary sector organisations, individuals (aged 18 years or over) and charities (“Qualifying Organisations”).
The Awards are not open to employees or agencies of The PIE Partnership Limited (“PIE”), its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Awards, excluding sponsors and judges of the Awards.
Entering the Awards
The Awards consist of 20 categories (each an “Award Category”). For a description of each Award Category and further information on the criteria for each, please click here.
The opening date for entries is Monday 13th February 2023. To enter any of the Award Categories, follow the instructions online. The deadline for entries to all Award Categories is 23:55 GMT on Thursday 6 April 2023. Entries received after this deadline will not be processed. For information on the entry requirements and the information you will need to provide in order to enter, please click here.
Qualifying Organisations are able to enter into one or more Award Categories, but no more than 3 Award Categories and a separate entry form will be required for each entry. Qualifying Organisations may not submit multiple entries in the same category. In the event that a Qualifying Organisation is entered into more than 3 categories then the first 3 entries submitted by the Qualifying Organisation shall be accepted and the remaining entries will not be accepted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PIE reserves the right to disqualify any Qualifying Organisation in the event that they enter into more than 3 categories.
The work or project or service referred to in any Award Category submission (apart from Outstanding contribution to the industry award and International alumni of the year), or some part of the work or project or service, must have taken place between 1st January 2022 (inclusive) and 31st December 2022 (inclusive).
Entries on behalf of another organisation (which must be a Qualifying Organisation) will be accepted in all Award Categories.
By submitting an entry or making a nomination, you confirm that: (a) you are entitled to enter and have obtained all and any consents, permissions and authorisations that may be required in order for you to enter; and (b) that the information contained in the submission is accurate and truthful.
Submissions and nominations must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If we have reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this paragraph, then we may not consider it.
No fee is required to enter the Awards or to make a nomination for the Awards but you are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your entry or nomination to us.
The winner in each Award Category shall be presented with a trophy at the Awards ceremony or be sent a trophy if the Awards ceremony is delivered online.
Picking the Winners
PIE will produce a shortlist of entrants for each Award Category, by reviewing the information provided on the entry forms (the “Judging Criteria”). Award Category entries must take account of any word limits (if any) specified in the Judging Criteria. Any Award Category entry that exceeds a stated word limit (if any) may, at PIE’s discretion, be disqualified and not considered.
A maximum of nine shortlisted entries (each a “Shortlisted Entrant”) will be selected in each Award Category by PIE. PIE reserves the right to move entries into a different Award Category where PIE deems it appropriate to do so. Entries will not be moved into a different Award Category without the prior consent of the entrant.
A panel of judges, all of whom are independent of PIE, will judge the Shortlisted Entrants for each Award Category and will score each entry. Judges’ scores will be combined and the entry with the highest score will be selected as the winner in that Award Category. In the event that two finalists have the same score, joint winners for that category will be selected. There is no obligation on the judging panel to select runners-up. For a full list of people acting as judges for the Awards click here. If any judge has a business connection with a Shortlisted Entrant, they will declare their interest to PIE and not take part in judging that particular Award Category.
Rules For Entrants
Any entrant to the Awards may be contacted by PIE for the purposes of verifying their identity and confirming their inclusion in the process.
The judges’ decision is final and no negotiations or correspondence with entrants will be entered into SAVE FOR in respect of obtaining further information where necessary. Entrants to the Awards must not contact, or try to contact, the judges in any way in connection with the Awards, or otherwise try to influence the judges’ selection.
Shortlisted Entrants will be contacted by email in the week commencing 22nd May 2023. If a Shortlisted Entrant does not respond to PIE within 14 days of being notified, their place on the shortlist may be forfeited and PIE shall be entitled to select another entrant in accordance with the process described above (and that entrant will have to respond to notification within 14 days or else they may also forfeit their place on the shortlist).
Two discounted tickets to the Awards ceremony, being held in London on Friday 22nd September 2023 and online, will be available for each Shortlisted Entrant. Other representatives from each Shortlisted Entrant may purchase tickets (which may be at full price and subject to availability) if they also wish to attend the Awards ceremony. PIE accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Awards, including without limitation any costs associated with attendance at the Awards ceremony.
The winner and runners-up (if applicable) in each Award Category will be announced at the Awards ceremony. Details of the winners and runners-up (if applicable) may be published by PIE or other parties in any format after that announcement. More complete details of the Awards ceremony will be provided to Shortlisted Entrants at the time PIE notifies them that they have been shortlisted.
Shortlisted Entrants might be contacted by PIE prior to the Awards ceremony to gather further detail on their entry. This is for the purposes of collecting and reviewing content to be provided on PIE’s websites, newsletters, advertisements, articles and any other material that may be published by PIE before, during and after the Awards. PIE shall be under no obligation to publish or exhibit any Award Category entry.
The winners and runners-up (if applicable) of each Award Category will receive a logo from PIE reflecting their achievement. In order to use the logo, the winners and runners-up (if applicable) will be required to enter into a licence with PIE, the terms of which will be determined by PIE.
Other Terms and Conditions
No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt.
PIE reserves the right to not process entries that are illegible or incomplete or those that do not meet the entry criteria.
Entrants may be required for promotional activity related to the Awards and shall participate in such activity on PIE’s reasonable request. The winners and runners-up (if applicable) in the Awards consent to the use by PIE and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Awards for an unlimited time, of their voice, image, photograph, biography, logo, brand and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including, without limitation, on any websites hosted by PIE and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and in submitting an entry or consenting to a nomination, all entrants consent to the same.
The named entrant of each submission owns the copyright to that entry. If another person or organisation is the author/owner of your entry, you warrant that you have received an assignment or licence of all associated copyright to your entry from that person. PIE may ask to see evidence of that assignment or licence at any time.
In consideration of PIE agreeing to consider your Award Category entry, each entrant: (a) grants PIE a royalty-free licence to copy, edit, display, publish, broadcast and make available their entry in any format in connection with the Awards or promotion of the Awards; (b) agrees that PIE may publish their name in connection with PIE’s use of the entry; (c) warrants that the work submitted with their entry is their own or the relevant organisation’s original work, that it is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any third-party rights; and (d) agrees that PIE may grant to its partners and/or associated companies a sub-licence of the rights licensed to PIE under these Terms and Conditions on such terms as PIE shall agree in its sole discretion.
PIE reserves the right at any time and from time to time to cancel, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards or any feature thereof (including without limitation these Terms and Conditions) with or without prior notice and without liability to any third party (save as may be set out herein).
PIE accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Awards or attending the Awards ceremony. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of PIE under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
PIE shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to the Awards where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, terrorism, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be prohibited by or adjudged by a court to be unlawful void or unenforceable such provision shall to the extent required be severed from those Terms and Conditions and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances or the validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) to rely upon or enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from the Act.
The Awards and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. PIE’s address is Unit A, Azure House, Dragonfly Place, London SE4 2FP. Any complaints regarding the Awards should be sent to this address or emailed to Clare Gossage at email@example.com.